Choose from our large range of accommodation - perfect for singles, couples or large groups.
Beautifully restored heritage building, four bedroom villa, with two upstairs bedroom on a mezzanine level, 2 bathrooms downstairs, full kitchen, flat screen TV in all rooms, free WiFi access.
Black Gold Country Cabins was originally the Old Wallerawang School. It was purchased by Robert and Linda Cluff in 1994 and transformed into cabin style accommodation. The original building was built in 1881 along with the residence next door. Other buildings were added along the way.
The name “Black Gold” is derived from the coal mines in the area where the coal is nicknamed black gold. Each room is named after a school teacher of the past, with the exception of “Cluff”, named after the current owners, and Beecroft, another well known family name in this district.
The new Wallerawang School is now located on Lake Wallace and will always be a proud icon for all generations of locals.